Studios and special equipment
Most residents will work out of the artLAB located in the Murray Arts Building. When needed, artists will also have access to a private studio space within the living quarters, other gallery space, the sculpture garden, classrooms, the waterfront, etc. Annmarie has a modest ceramics studio with a kiln, slab roller, and potter’s wheels that are also available for use, as well as a painting studio with easels. With numerous indoor and outdoor exhibition and installation options, artists are encouraged think creatively about how and where to create and install their work.
Housing, Meals, Other Facilities and Services
• Housing: small individual rustic house equipped with very basic furnishings and kitchenware. Must have own car; public transportation not available. House is somewhat isolated. Artists are expected to bring their own linens and personal items. No washer/dryer in the house. Grocery store, post office, restaurants, and laundry services are located within two miles of the site.
• Meals: resident is responsible for their own meals; there is a private kitchen for resident’s use.
• A welcoming atmosphere: we happily welcome all residents into our community. As such, artists are welcome to visit the office, eat lunch with the staff, etc.
• Other Facilities and Services: access to standard office equipment can be arranged, including wireless internet, copy, fax, etc. Artist also has access to Annmarie forest, fields, and waterfront property. Bicycle and kayak available. Please note that public transportation in southern Maryland is very limited. Smoking is not permitted in any buildings, studios, classrooms, or in any wooded area.
• We apologize, but the living quarters are not handicap accessible at this time.